How many of you have started your training for the new season ahead but have found yourself (or those around) SICK! It can be very frustrating since you survived the holidays with ease to find yourself having to take days off from training when you just started. So I wanted to share a great recipe that you can make with ingredients from your kitchen and take at the onset of your cold symptoms. The following recipe is more like a thick paste to eat, but you can turn this into a liquid shot by adding some organic lemon juice.
Makes 1 serving
- 2 TBSP Manuka honey
- 1 clove minced raw garlic
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ inch fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- ¼ inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
INSTRUCTIONS & TIPS:
1) Blend together and drink 3 times per day until feeling better.
2) It’s best to make fresh each time.
3) It you can’t tolerate the consistency, add ½ cup organic lemon juice.
4) If you are missing some of the ingredients, make it with the ingredients you have. Each has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and can help in their own way.
5) Keep some powdered version of ginger and turmeric on hand. While fresh is best, it's better than not using at all!
Be well athletes!
The Core Diet does not provide medical advice. This blog is for information purposes only. The food, wellness and nutrition information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.